Fraud, fines, egalitarian principles and Icelandic republics: We’ve got it all on the Lowdown this morning.
* * *
A former assistant manager at Grant Thornton has been jailed for three years for embezzling more than £726,000; money that was intended to go to charity.
The Manchester Building Society is taking Grant Thornton to court for £49m.
Dear Mr Tchenguiz
SFO Case Timeline
The High Court has ruled in favour of Grant Thornton after Barclays tried to bring a £45m claim against it regarding the effectiveness of a responsibility disclaimer in audit reports.
A judge has struck out property tycoon Vincent Tchenguiz’s£2.2bn damages claim following his “flagrant disregard” for court procedures.
A round-up of the latest news, appointments, executive moves and acquisitions from the world of practice during February 2015.
Accounting firms Ernst & Young and PwC are among the UK’s top employers for internships, according to research.
Grant Thornton has reported a 9% increase in revenue, up to £512m for the year ended 30 June 2014 - a year ahead than it expected, according to its
- Big Four or Grant Thornton for future prospects?? Need advice from those in practice and industry. 32,590 9
- Lagerberg: 50% rate fails to deliver 5,377 28
- Practice News: Grant Thornton appoints tax partner 4,662
- Practice News: GT buys Navigant’s financial services arm 4,627
- Practice news: Bishop Fleming hires fresh faces for Bath office 4,277 11