HMRC has responded to AccountingWEB’s queries
The High Court has dismissed an attempt to challenge retrospective legislation in the 2013 Finance Bill targeting stamp duty land tax (SDLT) avoidance.
The government has published a list of 25 employers who failed to pay the National Minimum Wage (NMW) to their employees.
Darren is a mythical former Inland Revenue man. He worked in the local Tax District and was someone’s nephew or cousin or husband.
I have seen some indication of HMRC rejecting both routine and unusual VAT adjustments.
Three of HMRC’s new digital services are progressing through user testing in preparation for potential release to the wider public next spring.
I wrote the first version of this article back in November 2012. At the time ISS was under investigation by BBC Radio 5, at least the offshore manning agency established in Sark was.
Quick question, my client issued me with a P/O which was dated a month ago, they said I can back date the invoice if I so wish to speed up payment?
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 198,330 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 43,677 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 26,560 22
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 24,740 19
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 24,567 59