HMRC has p
Being dumped by a "rich bloke" is one of several excuses taxpayers gave for failing to renew their tax credits claims on time.
HMRC directors are complacent, smug and are proposing powers that go against the principle of the Magna Carta, MPs claimed.
My Client a Dentist, in practice, has two employees one assisting the practice as a dental nurse the other reception and admin. The
The saga of HM Revenue and Customs seeking penalties at the slightest provocation continues, as a recent case on reasonable excuse demonstrates.
In Spink  a taxpayer:
HMRC has apologised after it incorrectly claimed that it had collected billions of pounds in extra tax.
HMRC has issued a brief guide outlining its VAT policy on non-members' green fees following the Bridport & West D
The High Court has dismissed an attempt to challenge retrospective legislation in the 2013 Finance Bill targeting stamp duty land tax (SDLT) avoidance.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 204,069 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 45,071 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 27,192 22
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 26,695 19
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 25,133 59