HMRC has commissioned a report into Business Record Checks (BRCs) and attitudes towards record keeping. That seems to make sense.
In a recent case the tax payer, a Mr Sparrey proved he did not need to pay HMRC for an agreed tax underpayment. This was because as a PAYE liability, prima facie, the tax should have been accounte
Tony Margaritelli takes the opportunity to talk about issues that have hit the news or not in the last few weeks.
Tax reliefs are a necessary part of any tax system and play a significant role in defining the scope of tax, HM Treasury has said in response to the Public Accounts Committee’s finding in June that
HMRC has appointed two new non-executive directors to its board.
HMRC has defended a proposal for direct recovery of tax credit overpayments from claimants’ bank accounts after campaigners said a freedom of information request revealed that the debt owed to
I've just exited from a truly awful HMRC webinar on penalties.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 230,782 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 51,214 17
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 39,995 19
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 30,368 22
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 27,473 59