As the ICPA representative on the Joint Tax Agent Strategy I have been involved with “Upcoming HMRC Initiatives” for some years. My presentation to the 2014 ICPA Conference looked at what HMRC hav
HMRC is to withdraw the business entity tests (BETs) intended to help taxpayers assess whether they might be caught by the IR35 legislation, after a review conducted by the IR35 Forum found tha
The protection of limited liability is the most commonly cited reason for incorporating a business, according to research conducted by Ipsos MORI for HMRC that may be seen to add weight to call
The courts continue to find in favour of HMRC in cases involving avoidance schemes, with the most recent example being Vaccine Research Limited Partnership and another v CRC at the Upper Tribunal.
It's officially midway through the week! Let's celebrate with a celebratory desk dance and skimming over five of the day's stories.
An Oxfordshire barrister has been jailed for three years after pleading guilty to a £274,000 tax fraud.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 240,974 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 52,873 17
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 44,079 19
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 31,101 22
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 28,206 59