HMRC directors are complacent, smug and are proposing powers that go against the principle of the Magna Carta, MPs claimed.
My Client a Dentist, in practice, has two employees one assisting the practice as a dental nurse the other reception and admin. The
The saga of HM Revenue and Customs seeking penalties at the slightest provocation continues, as a recent case on reasonable excuse demonstrates.
In Spink  a taxpayer:
HMRC has apologised after it incorrectly claimed that it had collected billions of pounds in extra tax.
HMRC has issued a brief guide outlining its VAT policy on non-members' green fees following the Bridport & West D
The High Court has dismissed an attempt to challenge retrospective legislation in the 2013 Finance Bill targeting stamp duty land tax (SDLT) avoidance.
The government has published a list of 25 employers who failed to pay the National Minimum Wage (NMW) to their employees.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 184,866 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 39,953 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 25,110 22
- HMRC loses husband-and-wife settlements case 23,728 18
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 23,389 59