An accountant has expressed outrage after HMRC wrote to him claiming they cannot find his tax records.
HMRC have released a list of the 10 worst excuses for missing the 31 January tax return deadline, however there are a number of cases where HMRC’s limited definition for what constitutes a reasonab
In a recent case (R Jones, J Jones v HMRC) that initially appears surprising, the First-Tier Tribunal determined that dividends declared by a recruitment consultancy company, which subsequ
As self assessment season gets into full swing, AccountingWEB members have reported a variety of different issues with HMRC's Agent helplines.
HMRC is seeking out legal talent in the shape of solicitors and barristers to "help shape the country's tax laws and lead the fight against tax avoidance".
Now that my client's return is filed I can (almost) laugh at my morning.
Self Assessment season is upon us again…
As of today HMRC's website has officially migrated to GOV.UK.
We have a new client that has received a bill from HMRC regarding Premier Strategies tax scheme Excalibur.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 220,300 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 49,313 17
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 34,992 19
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 29,390 22
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 26,654 59