Tax reliefs are a necessary part of any tax system and play a significant role in defining the scope of tax, HM Treasury has said in response to the Public Accounts Committee’s finding in June that
HMRC has appointed two new non-executive directors to its board.
HMRC has defended a proposal for direct recovery of tax credit overpayments from claimants’ bank accounts after campaigners said a freedom of information request revealed that the debt owed to
I've just exited from a truly awful HMRC webinar on penalties.
HMRC has published a revised table of advisory fuel rates for journeys on or after 1 September.
A plan by HMRC to split its multi-billion pound IT contract into smaller parts may worsen the service, the Public and Commercial Services (PCS) Union has said.
HMRC's 0845 helpline numbers will be no more from December 2014, as they swap all lines permanently over to the 03 prefix.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 189,542 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 41,333 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 25,679 22
- HMRC loses husband-and-wife settlements case 23,898 18
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 23,773 59