Unless already registered for Self-Assessment, taxpayers who have chargeable income or gains for the 2014/15 tax year must notify HMRC of this by the 5th October 2015.
Which HMRC phone
An accounting firm has won an appeal against HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) in a tax tribunal on a procedural point.
HMRC has been sending ‘nudge’ letters directly to individuals involved in tax disputes.
Hull carpenter's £88k tax fraud exploited HMRC 'lack of resources'
Submitted paper form 64-8 for client with no UTR 2 months ago. No response from HMRC yet.
Is bridge a sport? It seems a simple question and most of you would probably answer ‘no’.
Steve Checkley of TaxCalc and BASDA offers an insider’s view of HMRC’s API strategy.
A former HMRC criminal investigator from Birmingham, who tipped off his friends when their VAT scam was uncovered, has been jailed for a year.
The Upper Tax Tribunal has dismissed a hedge fund manager’s appeal against an FTT ruling that his trading of film rights was an attempt to avoid tax payments.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 244,312 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 54,375 17
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 46,694 19
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 31,685 22
- No UTR? A guide to your options 29,010 11