Mondelez International, the American owners of Cadbury UK, is facing renewed criticism after a report revealed that it has paid no UK corporation tax since 2010.
HMRC has today announced a focus on the assets of strippers, escort agencies and lap dancing clubs, with the creation of a new ‘adult entertainment’ taskforce.
HMRC is writing to 2.2m taxpayers over the next week informing them that they have identified as being subject to the Scottish Rate of Income Tax (SRIT) when it comes into force on 6 April 2016
HMRC’s PAYE Online servers started playing up yesterday, causing delays and frustration for companies and agents attempting to file monthly full payment submissions.
Morning! Here’s the news.
* * *
HMRC’s £300m stamp duty clampdown
The complexities of Double Taxation loom gain in our multinational global economy.
Last week (18/11/15) we got locked out of HMRC online account due to 3 wrong password attempts (long story how that happened).
Tax professionals have until 30 November (next Monday) to contribute Tax Journal’s HMRC survey.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 244,446 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 55,766 17
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 48,303 19
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 32,335 22
- No UTR? A guide to your options 30,990 11