Many contractors, especially in the IT industry will currently be pondering whether or not to reach agreement with HM Revenue and Customs under their Contractor Loans Settlement Opportunity.
The UK’s tax gap in 2012/13 was 6.8% of tax liabilities or £34bn, according to HMRC’s latest estimate.
HMRC has launched a new online service for UK financial institutions to register and report financial i
There is “extremely overwhelming” evidence that ending taxpayer confidentiality would result in a loss of tax revenue, HMRC’s tax assurance commissioner has told MPs.
Simon Bowles, CFO at HMRC, is to leave his post at the helm of
HMRC has apologised for worry and inconvenience caused to taxpayers by the issue of incorrect tax statements and cheques since mid-September.
The Revenue is to remove form R27 for bereaved taxpayers from 13 October.
HMRC has “stopped” issuing income tax repayments after a leaked email revealed that end of year tax reconciliations for thousands of taxpayers may have been calculated wrongly, the Telegraph re
Storing and retrieving scanned HMRC documents (and others )
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 195,117 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 42,723 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 26,265 22
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 24,266 59
- HMRC loses husband-and-wife settlements case 24,046 18