Dame Lesley Strathie has resigned as HMRC chief executive due to ill health, the department announced on Wednesday.
MPs questioning HMRC’s top lawyer Anthony Inglese have taken the rarely-used step of making him swear an oath before answering their questions.
HMRC is investigating 531 restaurants for possible tax evasion, as part of its crackdown on high risk industries across the UK.
I was interested to see that HMRC provide information under the FOI (Freedom of Information Act).
The taxman has told employers to improve their payroll paperwork after more than 500 returns incorrectly claimed to employ “AN Other” in 2009/10, reports Nick Huber.
HMRC has updated its corporate finance manual, including guidance on tax breaks for debt/equity swaps. Nick Huber reports.
Much excitement has been generated by Dave Hartnett’s appearance before the Public Accounts Committee and the matter of how Goldman Sachs got away with paying no interest on a substantial settl
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 226,222 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 50,399 17
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 37,966 19
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 29,963 22
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 27,124 59