A farmer’s wife running a B&B won her case at a VAT tribunal to overturn HMRC's ruling that it was part of an "aggregated" business registered for VAT.
HMRC is targeting business owners struggling to collect employee information to help employers deliver more accurate data to HMRC.
HMRC has warned fashion houses and designer labels against non-payment of National Minimum Wage (NMW) to interns.
The House of Commons voted on a private member's bill this week that, if cleared through Parliament, will force HMRC to refund businesses
The government today announced that Department of Transport permanent secretary Lin Homer will take over as CEO of HMRC in January, but also announced that permanent tax secretary Dave Hartnett wil
The Finance Bill 2012 will strengthen HMRC’s powers to collect information and punish tax agents found to have acted dishonestly, including the right to impose a £50,000 civil penalty and publish t
I wonder if anyone else has this problem?
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 235,135 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 51,836 17
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 41,859 19
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 30,691 22
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 27,783 59