HMRC has launched two new toolkits to help tax agents and their clients minimise mistakes when dealing with company losses and chargeable gains for companies.
I just received a letter to send some information to the Credibility VAT Office and I have a couple of queries.
The year 1982 means different things to different people - Argentina invaded the Falklands and Bucks Fizz was top of the charts.
Can any users out there confirm whether this is hearsay or fact? I've heard that hassling HMRC means they are more likely to hassle you, eg ask for a VAT concession and get a VAT inspection.
Interesting to note that the HMRC online PAYE year end submissions facility is unavailable for the period from 04 April 2011 to 06 April 2011 due to "routine maintenance". A very suitable time for
After a series of successful trials, HMRC is putting more resources into its Agent Account Manager programme.
Nearly four years ago the government introduced a set of new rules that HMRC must follow when undertaking a taxpayer compliance check.
Are they having a laugh?? That's when I'll need to be filing several Feb VAT returns.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 189,971 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 41,435 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 25,736 22
- HMRC loses husband-and-wife settlements case 23,911 18
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 23,810 59