The Agent Strategy consultation document em
HMRC will target thousands of tax evaders after launching its first 16 criminal investigations from its recent tax amnesties.
The year-end PAYE process doesn’t end on 19 May, warns Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) policy officer Diana Bruce.
It is very surprising how a supervisory body as HMRC is so easily targeted for fraud.
Rebecca Benneyworth described it as the biggest thing to hit the profession in a generation, and already the HMRC Agent Strategy consultation launched on Tuesday (31 May) is causing waves.
Rebecca Benneyworth sets the scene for HMRC's latest consultation around its working with agents strategy.
HMRC has launched a new amnesty campaign targeting businesses trading above the VAT threshold without being registered.
After untangling an HMRC investigation into a chip shop, Simon Sweetman worries that bad cases like this are becoming more common.
We keep getting letters from HMRC saying they believe our client has ceased to trade and they want to close the PAYE scheme.
But these clients have not ceased to trade.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 194,654 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 42,611 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 26,222 22
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 24,223 59
- HMRC loses husband-and-wife settlements case 24,032 18