Many contractors could pay less in penalties for late monthly returns under rules recently announced by HMRC.
Client files a p35 showing a substantial tax refund, due to the deduction of significant amounts of CIS tax.
No refund is issued and nothing is heard from HMRC.
With MPs pursuring an inquiry into HMRC's workings, Simon Sweetman launches his own performance review.
From the end of November, HMRC has announced that it will close its contact centres on Sundays.
A committee of MPs has launched yet another Parliamentary inquiry into HMRC internal workings.
AcountingWEB.co.uk Tax Editor Rebecca Benneyworth has compiled the community’s feedback on the FHL rules consultation paper and submitted them to HMRC.
HMRC event in Birmingham on 3 November will feature working versions of latest iXBRL-compatible tools.
The reality of a regular Working Together session on Wednesday morning provided a stark contrast with the chancellor's Spending Review announcement for Simon Sweetman.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 180,974 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 38,839 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 24,647 22
- HMRC loses husband-and-wife settlements case 23,619 18
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 23,088 59