HMRC’s unofficial Agent Strategy roadshow will swing through Essex next week, when deputy director Brian Redford will address a joint gathering of the CIOT’s Essex and Suffolk branches in Colcheste
Government tax policy is inconsistent and confusing new laws are being introduced without sufficient consultation – potentially undermining the crackdown on tax avoidance, a House of Lords comm
Online traders and private tutors are next in line for HMRC’s rolling programme of tax crackdowns, and a spokesman told AccountingWEB that the accountancy profession could be a potential target
A client posted his CT600 for the accounting period ended 31 March 2010 on 19 March 2011 i.e. 12 days before the deadline. Sent 1st class from a post office counter, not a box.
At a meeting with AccountingWEB.co.uk and a group of unrepresented tax agents in Leeds on Monday evening (13 June) HMRC chairman Mike Clasper revealed he was born in Sunderland - which explains
HMRC will target thousands of tax evaders after launching its first 16 criminal investigations from its recent tax amnesties.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 204,573 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 45,267 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 27,284 22
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 27,048 19
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 25,190 59