The creation of a new, strict liability offence to tackle offshore tax evasion may have serious unintended consequences, the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) has warned.
More than 24m people will start receiving their first annual tax summary from HMRC today amid controversy over the government’s decision to provide a single figure for spending on welfare.
AccountingWEB’s Practice Excellence Conference is just one week away as atten
As the ICPA representative on the Joint Tax Agent Strategy I have been involved with “Upcoming HMRC Initiatives” for some years. My presentation to the 2014 ICPA Conference looked at what HMRC hav
HMRC is to withdraw the business entity tests (BETs) intended to help taxpayers assess whether they might be caught by the IR35 legislation, after a review conducted by the IR35 Forum found tha
The protection of limited liability is the most commonly cited reason for incorporating a business, according to research conducted by Ipsos MORI for HMRC that may be seen to add weight to call
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 208,686 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 46,864 17
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 29,411 19
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 28,066 22
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 25,688 59