My Client a Dentist, in practice, has two employees one assisting the practice as a dental nurse the other reception and admin. The
The saga of HM Revenue and Customs seeking penalties at the slightest provocation continues, as a recent case on reasonable excuse demonstrates.
In Spink  a taxpayer:
HMRC has apologised after it incorrectly claimed that it had collected billions of pounds in extra tax.
HMRC has issued a brief guide outlining its VAT policy on non-members' green fees following the Bridport & West D
The High Court has dismissed an attempt to challenge retrospective legislation in the 2013 Finance Bill targeting stamp duty land tax (SDLT) avoidance.
The government has published a list of 25 employers who failed to pay the National Minimum Wage (NMW) to their employees.
Darren is a mythical former Inland Revenue man. He worked in the local Tax District and was someone’s nephew or cousin or husband.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 189,912 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 41,420 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 25,728 22
- HMRC loses husband-and-wife settlements case 23,908 18
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 23,806 59