HMRC has apologised for worry and inconvenience caused to taxpayers by the issue of incorrect tax statements and cheques since mid-September.
The Revenue is to remove form R27 for bereaved taxpayers from 13 October.
HMRC has “stopped” issuing income tax repayments after a leaked email revealed that end of year tax reconciliations for thousands of taxpayers may have been calculated wrongly, the Telegraph re
Storing and retrieving scanned HMRC documents (and others )
HMRC has opened its doors for a new wave of 250 graduates to ent
HMRC has invited evidence on the potential impact of withdrawing three extra-statutory concessions (ESC) and views on draft legislation to enact two others.
In the First-Tier Tribunal case of K Moorthy (TC3952) the judge noted that the taxpayer ended up in a worse position regarding his compensation for loss loss of office following the decision than i
A former Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) president and a fellow company director who were jailed for pension scheme tax fraud in 2013 have been ordered to pay back a total of £5.1m.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 198,645 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 43,720 17
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 26,585 22
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 24,771 19
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 24,593 59