A client posted his CT600 for the accounting period ended 31 March 2010 on 19 March 2011 i.e. 12 days before the deadline. Sent 1st class from a post office counter, not a box.
At a meeting with AccountingWEB.co.uk and a group of unrepresented tax agents in Leeds on Monday evening (13 June) HMRC chairman Mike Clasper revealed he was born in Sunderland - which explains
HMRC will target thousands of tax evaders after launching its first 16 criminal investigations from its recent tax amnesties.
The year-end PAYE process doesn’t end on 19 May, warns Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) policy officer Diana Bruce.
It is very surprising how a supervisory body as HMRC is so easily targeted for fraud.
Rebecca Benneyworth described it as the biggest thing to hit the profession in a generation, and already the HMRC Agent Strategy consultation launched on Tuesday (31 May) is causing waves.
Rebecca Benneyworth sets the scene for HMRC's latest consultation around its working with agents strategy.
- ICAS: HMRC record checks are “flawed” 212,289 18
- Reasonable Excuse scorecard 2011: Taxpayers 20 HMRC 12 47,949 17
- HMRC helplines begin move to 03 numbers 30,970 19
- HMRC ‘reasonable excuse’ definition under fire 28,629 22
- Struck-off companies dodge £16bn a year 26,021 59