A client's wife passed away about a year ago or so. Her will has set up her estate that any capital property belongs to her children, but the income from that property belongs to
In light of the recent “No” vote from Scotland it is worth looking at the devolved tax powers Scotland are due to receive under previous agreements.
The Scotland Act 2012
HM Revenue & Customs have announced the targets of their latest Task Force.
Tax unattended to is a recipe for disaster. Peter Figg vs Commissioners for HMRC presents a sorry tale of taxpayer woe!
Oliver Letwin the other day returned to the theme of a flat tax.
My father died without filing any tax returns for a number of years due to ill health.
He died in 2010 and have just received a tax return for 2009/10 in July 2014.
Can anyone help with this scenario:
Someone buys a house but for personal reasons does not move in straight away and the property is rented out:
- Tax tables 2011-12 28,592 9
- Avoiding 50% tax: Cheap loans and EBTs 15,616 15
- Solar Panel - taxable or non-taxable 9,610 5
- Planning for the new tax year 7,666 5
- Directors bleeding companies dry with illegal dividends and loans 6,166 4