Microsoft's development team is talking up Excel's new "Gemini" business intelligence add-in. John Stokdyk reports.
Microcharts within your spreadsheets will be incorporated within the next release of Excel. John Stokdyk looks at what Sparklines could add to your reporting arsenal.
Hot on the heels of the Office 2010 preview comes one for the new version of SQL Server 2008. John Stokdyk takes a look at what's in store for business intelligence users.
A good way to improve your skills with a package is by working your way through a practical example on the keyboard.
In the earlier parts of this series you extracted data from Northwind's Access data by live linking it to Excel.
With the new Daybook worksheet set up via MS Query, David Carter now uses Excel pivot tables to create reports on sales by customer, by area, and by product group.
Continuing his quest to improve to sales reporting at Northwinds Traders, David Carter reviews the data we downloaded last time into Excel and from it defines a "data map" of Northwind.
Northwind Traders run all their sales orders and stock control through an ageing accounts package written in Access.
- Tutorial. MS Query and Sage #1 - how to setup Import External Data. By David Carter 47,010 2
- Improve your reporting skills with self-teach tutorials. 35,351
- The ExcelZone Compendium 2007 33,543 2
- How to use KPIs to manage your sales team 32,943 1
- Tutorial: Budgeting with Pivot Tables #2 - report actuals against budget 32,339 1