The role and nature of accounting and statutory reporting is likely to change in the years to come if some of the profession’s leading figures get their way.
The Accounting Standards Board (ASB) of the FRC has put forward proposals to stimulate action on creating clarity and transparency of annual corporate reporting.
Improvements are needed in the reporting quality of AIM listed business, the Financial Reporting Council said this week.
Dave Marlow, training consultant at CTG, evaluates the significance and pitfalls of new proposals to increase transparency in company financial reports.
Half of the UK's biggest companies are still producing operating and financial reviews (OFRs) despite the government scrapping the requirement in 2005.
- OFRs still embraced by half the FTSE 100 3,285
- Narrative reporting to generate more meaningful disclosure 2,877
- Integrated reporting takes a step forward 2,364
- New IASB management commentary framework: What you need to know 2,268
- Financial reporting standards lacking among AIM listed companies 2,214