My wife and I are both chartered accountants and for eight years have operated through a limited company which we own 50:50 and of which we are both directors.
Hi, I would be grateful if anybody can advise me on the following.
A client submitted their P35 but omitted some termination payments off which were subject to tax.
We keep getting letters from HMRC saying they believe our client has ceased to trade and they want to close the PAYE scheme.
But these clients have not ceased to trade.
PAYE late payment penalties have been in place for a year, but have not had an impact yet because of the way they are calculated.
If you try to file a nil 2010/11 P11db online using third party software it is likely to fail HMRC validity checks and submission will be rejected.
With some trepidation I went to HMRC's website on 8th April and entered a nil return for one of my clients in respect of the P35.
- Limited company or partnership: which is best? 92,621 7
- RTI troublespots: Low paid directors 48,822 128
- PAYE on redundancy payments 26,714 18
- The IT Zone guide to payroll services and software - 2008 update 25,015 2
- Real Time Information checklist 22,880 12