Dear AccountingWeb users,
A client uses SAGE 50 payroll. They have been told that, for any new starters from 6/4/2014, HMRC require the employee's passport number.
Despite mistakenly sending late filing alerts to 400,000 organisations earlier this month, HMRC’s head of personal tax reassured AccountingWEB members that the real time reporting system for PAYE i
My clients works as an employee earning £60,000 per annum. He receives a SA return request each year and I claim some expenses against his earnings which generally result in a refund of +/- £1,000
HMRC have recently won 2 cases where the taxpayer failed to show they had a 'resonable excuse' for their conduct and so suffered penalties.
STOP PRESS (12 Feb): HMRC has announced that it will delay the introduction of automatic penalities for late filing and late payment following a series of teething troubles with the online fili
UPDATE 29 January: HMRC has confirmed that the problems it was having with missing data in its Business Tax Dashboard extended beyond the tax mont
- Limited company or partnership: which is best? 111,786 7
- RTI troublespots: Low paid directors 57,438 128
- PAYE on redundancy payments 29,593 18
- The IT Zone guide to payroll services and software - 2008 update 25,761 2
- Real Time Information checklist 24,727 12