Accountants and lawyers are the second least likely industry group in the UK to file tax returns late, HMRC said.
Each year, AccountingWEB tries to lend a hand to stressed practitioners during one of the busiest times of the year: Self assessment season.
Last year, we heard such classics as 'my pet goldfish died'
Many accountants and taxpayers have already been very busy this tax season, surprisingly so during the Christmas period.
Self-employed people applying for a mortgage will find it easier to get evidence of their income online, HMRC says.
Self Assessment season is upon us again…
To simplify the situation:
There is now a new postal address for enquiries about self-assessment tax returns.
November is the unofficial beginning of self assessment season (for some its a year long-process!).
I have been doing my husband's and his mother's tax returns for several years.
- How do we get a SA302? 44,102 7
- No UTR? A guide to your options 27,331 11
- Declaring dividends in self assessment tax returns 25,201 10
- The AccountingWEB.co.uk guide to Self Assessment 16,170 8
- AccountingWEB Self Assessment support 2011 12,618 6