Ahead of her self assessment surgery with Sage next week, Rebecca Benneyworth casts an eye over the topics she sees people tripping up over so far this tax season.
HMRC is no longer sending paper self assessment reminders to taxpayers who have yet to file a return.
Accountants and lawyers are the second least likely industry group in the UK to file tax returns late, HMRC said.
Each year, AccountingWEB tries to lend a hand to stressed practitioners during one of the busiest times of the year: Self assessment season.
Last year, we heard such classics as 'my pet goldfish died'
Many accountants and taxpayers have already been very busy this tax season, surprisingly so during the Christmas period.
Self-employed people applying for a mortgage will find it easier to get evidence of their income online, HMRC says.
Self Assessment season is upon us again…
To simplify the situation:
- How do we get a SA302? 44,542 7
- No UTR? A guide to your options 29,026 11
- Declaring dividends in self assessment tax returns 28,948 10
- New postal addresses for HMRC 16,795 3
- The AccountingWEB.co.uk guide to Self Assessment 16,355 8