AccountingWEB members have warned about scam self assessment submission emails being sent following the submission of tax returns.
In January, getting returns completed and submitted on time may take precedent to many other things in a practitioner’s life - not least, their health.
With just over three weeks to go to the self assessment deadline, practitioners should be well in the midst of clients’ returns.
"The biggest challenge for me will be to not murder clients who have all left it to the last minute."
Merry Christmas. Quick ponder?
HMRC is exploring ways of reaching self assessment customers via email and even social media as part of a new electronic communications service.
From April 2015, the government intends to introduce a tax break for married couples and civil partners.
I submitted a provisional self assessment return for 2011 based on best information available at the time, to limit penalties. It was late and penalties had been incurred.
- How do we get a SA302? 41,928 7
- No UTR? A guide to your options 20,710 11
- The AccountingWEB.co.uk guide to Self Assessment 15,421 8
- Declaring dividends in self assessment tax returns 15,408 9
- AccountingWEB Self Assessment support 2011 12,194 6