HMRC is no longer sending paper self assessment reminders to taxpayers who have yet to file a return.
Accountants and lawyers are the second least likely industry group in the UK to file tax returns late, HMRC said.
Each year, AccountingWEB tries to lend a hand to stressed practitioners during one of the busiest times of the year: Self assessment season.
Last year, we heard such classics as 'my pet goldfish died'
Many accountants and taxpayers have already been very busy this tax season, surprisingly so during the Christmas period.
Self-employed people applying for a mortgage will find it easier to get evidence of their income online, HMRC says.
Self Assessment season is upon us again…
To simplify the situation:
There is now a new postal address for enquiries about self-assessment tax returns.
- How do we get a SA302? 44,767 7
- Declaring dividends in self assessment tax returns 32,371 10
- No UTR? A guide to your options 30,974 11
- New postal addresses for HMRC 19,305 3
- HMRC makes it easier to get SA302 forms 18,692 16