Having concentrated on exposing Excel Table shortcomings last time, Simon H
Excel Tables feature frequently in management reporting tutorials, but Simon Hurst knows that they aren’t perfect. This article offers solutions for some of the key problems.
Last time we looked at some Excel options that could be very useful
Setting your Excel options correctly can make a positive contribution to how efficiently you work with spreadsheets.
In a recent Any Answers question, Rikos asked for help with the follo
In the second instalment of his overview of Excel’s summary functions, Simon Hurst delves further into the different capabilities of SUMIF, SUMIFS and array formulae for creating conditional su
Simon Hurst gets his teeth into the different characteristics of Excel's aggregate and summary functions.
Simon Hurst, one of the members who worked to assemble the publication, examines ICAEW's 20 principles for good spreadsheet practice.
As well as numerical data, text often finds its way into spreadsheets. Simon Hurst explains different ways you can deal with it.
- New Range Name features in Excel 2007. By Simon Hurst 462,074 6
- Excel 2007 SUMIFS(): The accountant's favourite Excel function gets an overhaul. By Simon Hurst 59,540 4
- Excel 2010 KPI tutorial 3: PivotTable dashboards 26,803 5
- Build your own Excel Net to Gross function - Tutorial by Simon Hurst 25,925 4
- Tutorial: Create a flexible P&L in Excel 2010/2013 19,854 13