John Haylock, the practice performance manager for BankLink, draws parallels between proposals to simplify reporting requirements and tax calculations for small businesses in Europe and the UK
small business tax
New businesses outside of London, the South East and East of England can start claiming a holiday from NIC contributions for their first 10 employees starting from Monday 6 September until 5 Se
The Office of Tax Simplification is here at last, but is their idea of simplification the same as the profession’s, asks Simon Sweetman.
The new government has confirmed IR35 will be replaced as part of a shake-up of small business tax.
The government must be more assertive in telling business it cannot afford to offer lower taxes – and in cracking down on ‘billionaire tax dodgers’, said Vince Cable in an address to the IoD we
Are there any problems or tax implications if I have a small sign (8" x 5") outside my house bearing my company name? Many thanks in advance.
HMRC tax investigations have yielded £39.5bn since its formation in April 2005, but small businesses are suffering under its ‘no mercy’ approach, argues UHY Hacker Young.
- HMRC clampdown raises £39.5bn – but at what cost? 10,211 9
- Regional NIC holiday for start-ups kicks off 10,125 5
- Two cheers for the Office of Tax Simplification 6,565 26
- Coalition pledges to review IR35 in joint agreement 3,542 2
- Cable: Non doms have no right to tell us how to run our tax policies 1,624 1