In her recent round of tax lectures, Rebecca Benneyworth warned that reforms to the p
Steeden v Carver
AccountingWEB.co.uk Tax Editor Rebecca Benneyworth brings together advice on self assessment filing together with links to the resources provided by HMRC and others that may help you resolve iss
Does Steeden v Carver still apply for the 2008/2009 deadline of 31 January 2010. ie Returns submitted on 1st February 2010 before midnight are deemed late but no penalty.
HMRC has published and updated information for taxpayers and agents who wish to file tax returns on paper.
Following the SA online disruption on 31 January 2008 and delays to the service on 1 February 2008 HMRC has announced that there will be adjustments to its normal penalty regime.
HMRC have now announced an extra day of 'grace' in response to the SA Online filing service problems today. There is still however, some confusion surrounding penalties.
- The AccountingWEB.co.uk guide to Self Assessment 14,456 8
- So long Steeden v Carver, It was fun while it lasted 8,754 6
- An extra day is given! HMRC changes SA filing deadline 6,344 17
- HMRC confirm SA late filing concession and penalties 4,012
- Impact of the postal strike on tax return deadline 3,394 3