Client has transferred his shares to a fellow director for no consideration. I am happy that this is the market value of the shares.
HMRC has begun publishing the names of small businesses who they say are deliberately defaulting
I received a letter from HMRC talking about BRC questionaire over the phone. What are the typical Business Records Check (BRC) questions?
Caller: “My client paid of his student loan during 2011/12 but the SA302 is showing the full annual amount due. “
A shareholder dies leaving 98% of the company valued at £1million in his estate. The shares are to be inherited by his daughter who currently owns the other 2%.
I've just noticed that a 2010/11 tax return amendment which was submitted online on 31st January has not been processed.
We have an employee who has recently received her paye codeing notice for tax year 2013 -14. One of the deductions made against her PA is for a "potential" underpayment of tax.
2 weeks ago a charming Graphic Designer rang me, as a result of a referral from another charming client.
- Budget 2010: At-a-glance guide 19,046 9
- Monthly dividend payments to director - sole shareholder 13,956 6
- Marginal Rate of Tax 12,623 5
- Accountants' IR35 knowledge ‘worryingly vague’ 12,550 15
- HMRC launches VAT amnesty campaign 12,430 6