I thought I had heard all the excuses, but most turn out to be fiction!
Taxpayers can pay their tax faster by using a new electronic payment service provided by HMRC, reports Nick Huber.
I have a client who has income from employment, but also has sizeable losses from self employment - rental properties.
The country’s financial woes during the past year brought a new level of parliamentary scrutiny to tax and accountancy matters in 2011.
When the heat is on it is very easy to get things wrong. AccountingWEB tax editor Rebecca Benneyworth provides a few top tips to carry you over Christmas and into January.
You might think that HMRC would be tempted to keep a low profile as 2011 draws to a close, considering the amount of media attention they have attracted for a series of high-profile blunders th
Can HMRC reject pre:online filing CT 600s due to the attached accounts having minor technical infingements and the CT600 itself being signed?
- Budget 2010: At-a-glance guide 18,869 9
- Accountants' IR35 knowledge ‘worryingly vague’ 12,142 15
- HMRC launches VAT amnesty campaign 12,114 6
- Monthly dividend payments to director - sole shareholder 12,083 6
- Marginal Rate of Tax 11,089 5