Welcome to our podcast series
Welcome to AccountingWEB's tax podcast series with Anne Fairpo, featuring free CPD - sponsored by CCH.
Podcast 25 (10 December) | Autumn statement round-up
» Autumn Statement: employee ownership plan; controlling persons rules dropped
» Intra-group debt not a loan relationship (MJ Media Services case)
» Government action on avoidance/evasion - why do media get it so wrong?
» Plant and machinery allowances now allowable for some polytunnels
Having problems with this player? Download the podcast from our archive below
Every Monday Anne will bring you her latest analysis of the week's developments in tax in twenty minute instalments for you to download or listen to online. On top of that you can register below to receive free CPD hours by answering the questions that Anne will set after the first hour of material (three weeks of podcasts).
Subscribe for free
Please ensure that you have itunes installed before subscribing.
About the speaker
Anne Fairpo, CTA(Fellow), Barrister, Atlas Chambers & 13 Old Square Chambers
Anne's practice covers UK and international corporate tax planning and disputes. Anne contributes to a number of publications and is co-author the British Master Tax Guide from CCH; she has been a member of AccountingWEB for 12 years. She is Vice-President of the CIOT, chairs the Education committee, and is a member of the London branch committee.
- Podcast 25 (10 December) | Autumn statement round-up
- Podcast 24 (3 December) | Rangers FC employee benefit trust tribunal decision
- Podcast 23 (26 November) | RTI draft legislation & technical note published
- Podcast 22 (21 November) | HMRC v Robinson family tribunal on TOGC for VAT
- Podcast 21 (12 November) | Upper tribunal upholds Dickens & Jones SDLT scheme
- Podcast 20 (5 November) | First tier tribunal rule on VAT on local authority car parking
- Podcast 19 (29 October) | Upper tribunal backs HMRC PAYE penalties regime
- Podcast 18 (22 October) | Shares for employment rights consultation
- Podcast 17 (15 October) | EU consultation on reduced VAT rates
- Podcast 16 (8 October) | Guidance on new SDLT disclosure rules
- Podcast 15 (1 October) | New CFC Guidance
- Podcast 14 (24 September) | Vardy case strikes down SDLT sub-sale scheme
- Podcast 13 (17 September) | Education VAT consultation and corporate input tax case
- Podcast 12 (10 September) | Cars, commercial vehicles and motor homes
- Podcast 11 (3 September) | Unjust enrichment: implications of Wells case
- Podcast 10 (28 August) | Curran v HMRC decision on the nature of interest
- Podcast 9 (20 August) | Fixture sampling for capital allowances claims
- Podcast 8 (13 August) | Sports club VAT exemption: HMRC v Bridport golf club
- Podcast 7 (6 August) | Asset transfers to non-residential close companies
- Podcast 6 (30 July) | Updated HMRC guidance on Business Investment Relief
- Podcast 5 (23 July) | Littlewoods ECJ decision; IR35 for senior civil servants
- Podcast 4 (16 July) | Real time information (RTI) for PAYE
- Podcast 3 (9 July) | Tax return initiative; Changes ahead for ESC A19
- Podcast 2 (2 July) | Employee share scheme and EMI consultations.
- Podcast 1 (25 June) | Creative sector tax reliefs, residence test consultation.
A record of your CPD
Certify your CPD by completing online questionnaires linked to Anne Fairpo’s podcasts. Each one will confirm an hour's structured learning has been completed:
» Episodes 1-3
» Episodes 4-6
» Episodes 7-9
» Episodes 10-12
» Episodes 13-15
» Episodes 16-18
Further reading on...
The Autumn Statement and loan relationships with limited free access to CCH Online.
If you are not subscriber and would like full access to CCH Online then
request a free trial. CCH will contact you to set one up.