Visitors coming into the Accountex hall on 15-16 May will quickly find themselves approaching Xero village, a stand hosting not just the kiwi cloud developer, but 14 of its add-on partners too.
Exhibitors like to use events like Accountex to make statements about their status and position in the market - a trick frequently seen at previous shows from Xero’s close Accountex neighbour, Sage.
The real estate rivalry at Accountex symbolises the changing dynamic within the accounting software market, with the plucky upstart presenting a very visible challenge to the established market-leader.
Xero UK marketing director Sharon Maddison confirmed that Xero was deliberately setting out to make a big impact at Accountex. “Yes, it is a statement to the market, that Xero is more than just beautiful accounting software,” she said.
“Xero is a platform for tools accountants and users can access via our API. We wanted to go for a bigger stand to give people more opportunity to find out about our add-ons too.”
The software partners who will be inhabiting Xero village include some familiar names to UK accountants along with some interesting international newcomers:
- Spotlight Reporting - advanced reporting
- ProfitSee - forecasting, planning & strategy tool
- Fathom - management reporting
- Float - cash flow forecasting, management & budgeting
- Receipt Bank - expenses management
- Paysuite - online payroll
- SimPRO - job software for services/contracting firms
- The IT Partnership - cloud transition consultant
- Deputy - scheduling and timesheet tool
- CustomerSure - satisfaction survey software
- Rocketspark - website design
- Payment express - payment processing
- Crunchboards - financial data visualisation and reporting
- MyPAYE - online payroll.