Is there a special training on data fix for Sage 50 Accounts?
No, there isn't.
When data is corrupt I always advise the following as a starting point:
1. Take a backup.
2. Run Clear Audit Trail with a date of 01/01/1980.
3. Run ReIndex and Compress.
4. Run Check Data.
5. If there are still errors, run Fix (or, in v2012, the Recovery Tools) and Check Data again.
Whilst this does fix certain errors (Balance out by XXX errors are often fixable this way), there is an awful lot of corruption that cannot be fixed using the built in tools in Sage - an example of this would be 'Amount paid in split XXXX disagrees with amount paid in allocations'
To fix those sort of errors requires 2 things:
1. Access to the Sage Data Objects (SDO) for which you need to be a member of the Sage Developers Programme.
2. An intimate knowledge of how the Sage data files work and exactly what is stored in each field - this is very important and it is very easy to make the corruption worse if data is edited incorrectly.
For the data fixing service I offer, I've written my own suite of programs using the SDO that automate certain correction processes but that also allow me to manually edit any field in any table to correct errors such as the example I gave.
I am having data problems due to power cuts and server issues, how do I go about sorting? I have tried the above which has cleared some problems, but not all?
You have a few choices:
1. Restore a clean backup of the data that has no errors and re-enter transactions since the backup was taken albeit, clearly, this option depends on how long the errors have been there.
2. If you have SageCover, you could send the data to Sage to fix. I believe that they will fix it for free with a turnaround of 3-4 days during which you'd not be able to use the program. They do offer an overnight fix but this costs (the last time I checked) up to £795+VAT.
3. I offer a 'no fix, no fee' data fixing service that is generally cheaper and faster than Sage's service. Drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll see what I can do.
www.siftmedia.co.uk - Interactive community publishing
Registered in England & Wales No. 05923499
Terms & conditions |
Privacy and cookies