ODBC problem | AccountingWEB

ODBC problem

I am using Sage ODBC Driver version 18.01.00.08.  When viewing several of the larger databases in MS Access I get a 'reserved error (-7666)' when I open the AUDIT_USAGE table and go to the last record and all data is shown as '#Name?'.  I have re-indexed and compacted the data.  Is this a bug in the ODBC driver?  Any ideas on how to resolve it?

Jason

Comments
rajanichintan009's picture

i think you should try with

rajanichintan009 | | Permalink

i think you should try with rebuilt ODBC query ..is you find any sage error in check data? 

ODBC problem

jason.raikes | | Permalink

rajanichintan009,

There are no Sage errors - I had tried that already.  I don't think I need to rebuild the query as I was attempting to open it in table view.  I got the same error when I tried a query 'select * from AUDIT_USAGE'.

Again, is there a known bug with the ODBC driver?  Will it be cured by upgrading to Sage 2013?

Regards,

Jason

No known bug

johndon68 | | Permalink

There are no bugs I'm aware of that would cause this so I don't think an upgrade to 2013 would make any difference.

Does the problem occur if you pull the data in to Excel instead?

John

ODBC problem

jason.raikes | | Permalink

Jon,

Thanks for the pointer.  Excel extracted the data properly.  I then re-linked the table.  When Access asks for the Unique Record Identifier, I usually just click OK as I am not going to update the table.  This time I choose the USAGE_NUMBER field and this solved the issue!!

Thank you,

Jason

Problem with 18.01.00.08 ODBC v18

Ken Moorhouse | | Permalink

I had a problem using an "in" type SQL subquery with the above driver, which produced no results, yet it did not complain about the syntax either.

Solved the problem by reverting back to the version from the original sage disk (version 18.00.10.208).

Add comment
Log in or register to post comments
Group: Sage 50 Accounts discussion group
An independent forum for Sage users to share ideas, tips and gripes