Retail shop needs to use merchandise for own use, how to deal with it in Tas Books 3

My business is a retail shop, we sell IT products and consumables such as printer paper, ink, thermal rolls etc. Occassionaly the business needs some of these consumables for its own use. What is the best way to deal with this scenario from an accounting point of view?

We use Tas Books 3 as our accounting package.


Journal items to P&L

Alf | | Permalink

Not sure about the specifics of TAS 3 but journal the cost of the items taken from stock to consumables

eg Dr Consumables (P&L)

         Cr Stock (BS)


Add comment
Log in or register to post comments
Group: TAS Books discussion group
A place for the TAS Books community to share ideas and tips