Songs for Self Assessment Season
Long distance runners and body builders use music to help them break through The Wall, and so is the case with many accountants, who keep their spirits up during the rigours of Self Assessment by turning up the stereo to set a lively rhythm for their tax work.
Accounts’ favourite music has always been a hot topic on AccountingWEB.co.uk, so we’re returning to it this January to keep spirits up as we head towards the 31 January deadline. Based on previous posts, we’ve made an initial selection of some obvious contenders for tunes to suit tax practitioners at this time of year:
- Taxman - The Beatles
- Tax Return - New Mexico Disaster Squad
- January- Pilot (“Sick and tired you've been hanging on me”)
- Pocket Calculator - Kraftwerk
- Money! Money! Money! - Abba
- Shot By Both Sides - Magazine
- Hanging On The Telephone - Blondie
- Return To Sender- Elvis
- 19th Nervous Breakdown - Rolling Stones
- Still Not Ready - Eva Cassidy
- Get It Right Next Time - Gerry Rafferty
- Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - The Smiths
What would you add to the list? Do you go for the mellow, soothing tones of Mantovani - or do you need a bit of heavy metal to pump up your adrenaline for the fight?
As with our recent thread on AccountingWEB.co.uk’s CDs of the Decade, we set up an interactive Spotify playlist Songs for Self Assessment Season - so if you’re a Spotify member with a few moments to spare, feel free to pay it a visit and listen along, or add a few of your own suggestions there.
(NB - we've asked Spotify if they'll give us a few invites to pass along to members of this discussion group. Keep your eyes on this thread to see if we're successful).