Sage One review - first of many
Following the previous debate about Sage One, here is a summary of the review by Nigel Harris we have just posted in IT Zone:
Target market Very small businesses supported online by their accountants.
Cost £5/month Cashbook edition; £10/month Accounts; £250/year Accountant’s edition (free to Sage Accountants Club members)
- Simple interface supporting quick/easy data entry
- Summary home page (pictured above) presents good overview of company info
- Competitive price
- Can handle cash or invoice-based accounts, with VAT reporting for both
- 24 hour telephone support lines
- Inability to post transactions to specific nominal ledger accounts
- Limited reporting; no drill down to transaction detail
- Banking command requires a two-step process to bank cash
- No integration with Sage accounts production programs - yet
Following a conversation with a Sage product manager, Nigel added a postscript in which he commented, "My gripe over the double handling of cheque receipts fell on deaf ears... This is apparently the way the overwhelming majority of those they spoke to during the initial six month research phase preferred it. However, there are a number of other enhancements which have already been requested by early adopters that are likely to make it into future updates, such as more reporting options in the Accountants Edition, and payroll and CRM functionality, maybe as add-on modules...
"Overall impression - I like the pricing, it looks good and is easy to use. I'd just like a few of those niggles sorting out before I roll it out to too many clients, but I am optimistic that Sage will get there later this year."
Speaking of project roll-outs, we've finally got around to something that was long promised, for us to document the applications that are available and key comparison points that may help shoppers. Does the format and content of Nigel's review hit the spot for you, and are we on the right track if we try and cover 10-20 of the current contenders over the course of the year?
Any feedback will help shape our Cloud accounting software review programme as we take it forward - so fire away!
Is there a cloud accounting software that can run a UK and another EU Vat registration simultaneously under the one package?Comments: 6