The 'wash up' this week
This week we shall see in Parliament the 'wash up' where a number of Bills are rushed through their final Parliamentary stages and receive the Royal Assent.
Some of these Bills are likely to be truncated, with contentious parts removed, so that they can receive cross-party support to be passed with very little debate.
Amongst the Bills likely to receive Royal Assent this week are:
- Bribery Bill
- Children, Schools and Families Bill
- Constitutional Reform and Governance Bill
- Crime and Security Bill
- Digital Economy Bill
- Energy Bill
- Equality Bill
- Finance Bill
- Financial Services Bill
- Flood and Water Management Bill
- Mortgage Repossessions (Protection of Tenants etc) Bill
- Personal Care at Home Bill
- Sunbeds (Regulation) Bill
One might wonder if all of these Bills can receive adequate Parliamentary scrutiny before being approved. But that is how things work in practice!