One Month Review of Logical Office
About a month ago I decided to go ahead with Logical Office. This is my first review of LO.
Prior to LO, I used Rapport from Practice Net. This was just not for me since the learning curve to understand and use this system was just too long. This was money down the drain.
After just over a month use of LO, in the main it does meet my needs. These were:
1) Reduce paper
2) All client records in one place
3) Automate the routine tasks as much as possible. For example send automated email reminders about year end and VAT returns
4) Easy to use- It could be made easier. Though their help videos are really helpful. Without these I would be lost.
5) The level of support- I found this to be excellent. The staff listen and really help with all the queries.
It took some time to setup LO the way I wanted it. Though I am sure I will reap the benefits of this investment of time over the next few months.
There are some improvements that could be made on LO. These include:
1) The help videos are excellent. However, the written help manual need to be improved. It needs to be far more comprehensive covering all areas of LO.
2) There are some areas missing on both help videos and help manual. I understand LO are working on this.
3) I have a widescreen pc. LO sofware (I was informed I am the first case) made some areas on the screen difficult to read. The support team were extremely helpful and resolved most of these. They are looking into outstanding areas.
Please bear in mind this a review after only one month.
If you are willing to invest time in setting up of LO, this is a great piece of software for an accountancy practice. It will bring time savings and make you far more organised.
Like any other software there are some downsides, these are: the written help notes, need to be more comprehensive covering all aspects of LO. The video library is great, more videos need to be added, they are some areas that are not covered by the videos.
Overall I would recommend LO.