Filing your Tax Returns online. | AccountingWEB

Filing your Tax Returns online.


If you are due to file 2008/09 Partnership or 2008/09 Self Assessment tax returns then you must do so before the end of 31st January 2010.


To avoid fines:

  • File returns online by 31st January 2010.
  • Make any 'balancing charge' payments due to HMRC by 31st January 2010.
  • Where applicable, make any first 'payments on account' for the current year to HMRC by 31st January 2010.
  • Always select 'New' and not 'Amended' when you submit, unless this same return has previously been successfully submitted


Ftax offer low cost tax filing software for both the SA100 and the SA800. All sections are included and both forms look and feel like a paper tax return. We are currently offering an additional 10% discount on any purchases before 31st January 2010. Please use discount code PTRjan2 when purchasing from our website  Alternatively please contact us on 0113 350 8772

To view a video demonstration of our software please go to the following link


Many thanks





help with Filing an online tax return

alisontully | | Permalink

Can I get some help filing a tax return? I am a newly qualified bookkeeper and am completing my first online return which is something that wasn't covered in my course! I need to know how to account for depreciation?


Anonymous | | Permalink

Depreciation is not an allowable expense for tax purposes. Therefore, when you input this expense on the return you also need to input it as a disallowable expenses and the amount will be added back onto the profit.

You should, however, be able to claim Capital Allowances; the amount you can claim depends on the type of expenditure, i.e. car/computer equipment etc.

Can you give more info. ?


Add comment
Log in or register to post comments
Group: Sole traders/self employed business forum
A place to discuss all matters affecting sole traders and self employed workers, such as registering for SE, dealing with HMRC, and issues surrounding