Do all assignments fall within AML regs?
I have been approached by a small retail business (sole trader) which started from scratch a year ago and after trading for ten months was locked out of their premises by the landlord. Without going into details, the owner's solicitors threatened action against the landlord and he allowed access again after six weeks. During that time the landlord started removing fixtures and fittings and in all it is expected that the business will have been closed for three months when it re-opens. A claim for damages, including loss of profits, has been filed with a hearing due in mid January. The owner's accountants have produced accounts for the period of trading but when asked to produce a profit forecast, on which to base the loss of profits claim, say they are really too busy to be able to do it in the required timescale.
What I have been asked to do is to create a profit forecast in Excel using the figures from the accounts already prepared together with data from the EPOS system to give the daily/weekly takings analysis. The Excel file will have all data/assumptions tabulated so that the business owner can make adjustments as he sees fit.
My question is, does this small piece of work fall under the AML regulations?
The reason I pose it is because it appears to me that there are two areas of concern. The turnover exceeded the VAT threshold but no registration was made and payments have been made to the owner's four children (who are all adults) in the nature of 'wages' with no PAYE scheme in operation. What I don't know, of course, is what advice the owner's accountant has already given about these areas and what action is intended.
- Cash in Hand 168 3
- Buy to let and capitak gain 190 5
- are receipts needed? 635 17
- SA302's anyone?? 621 18
- Charge for use of credit card - permitted 335 8
- High value residential property - SDLT 15% 142 1
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 357 12
- Busines software 174 5
- Goods Purchased for Rental 206 6
- Converting a barn for business use 189 2
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 319 4
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 324 12
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 494 10
- Going to need a tax, insolvency and legal specialist I think 332 3
- Bookkeping software 735 7
- Clogged Losses 286 5
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 283 9
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 670 10
- New Built in oven - allowable as repair? 278 4
- Accounting for Bank Loyalty Rewards? 133 1
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 910
- International interest certificate 522
- NOVA 373
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 335
- Management expenses for investment company 276
- Bonus Bonds 273
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 186
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 167
- P11D benefit received by widow 167
- EXACT ONLINE 165