Do all assignments fall within AML regs?
I have been approached by a small retail business (sole trader) which started from scratch a year ago and after trading for ten months was locked out of their premises by the landlord. Without going into details, the owner's solicitors threatened action against the landlord and he allowed access again after six weeks. During that time the landlord started removing fixtures and fittings and in all it is expected that the business will have been closed for three months when it re-opens. A claim for damages, including loss of profits, has been filed with a hearing due in mid January. The owner's accountants have produced accounts for the period of trading but when asked to produce a profit forecast, on which to base the loss of profits claim, say they are really too busy to be able to do it in the required timescale.
What I have been asked to do is to create a profit forecast in Excel using the figures from the accounts already prepared together with data from the EPOS system to give the daily/weekly takings analysis. The Excel file will have all data/assumptions tabulated so that the business owner can make adjustments as he sees fit.
My question is, does this small piece of work fall under the AML regulations?
The reason I pose it is because it appears to me that there are two areas of concern. The turnover exceeded the VAT threshold but no registration was made and payments have been made to the owner's four children (who are all adults) in the nature of 'wages' with no PAYE scheme in operation. What I don't know, of course, is what advice the owner's accountant has already given about these areas and what action is intended.
- On line Remote Training 208 7
- Are agent account managers any good? 50 1
- Clients 562 11
- Intermediaries reporting - who does it apply to? 45 1
- Starting new accounting business 114 2
- Group Relief 49 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 213 3
- Sage 200 vatable journal? 93 4
- Transfer of stock 240 12
- Can a Directors Pension be paid into a Ltd Company 119 1
- New client procedure 266 4
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 233 2
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 304 10
- Tolley UK sales number 155 4
- Enterprise relief 102 2
- Pre-registration VAT: can you reclaim VATon delivery costs incurred in the six months prior to registration? 165 4
- VAT flat rate scheme 394 7
- Virtually Impossible 596 12
- Registering as a director 111 1
- SSP days and Holidays 210 3
- QROP pension input amounts 488
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 465
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 431
- EPS and CIS deductions 288
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 278
- Construction CIS LLP Company 271
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 233
- SAGE winforecast 194
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 177
- Overdrawn director account 163