Do all assignments fall within AML regs?
I have been approached by a small retail business (sole trader) which started from scratch a year ago and after trading for ten months was locked out of their premises by the landlord. Without going into details, the owner's solicitors threatened action against the landlord and he allowed access again after six weeks. During that time the landlord started removing fixtures and fittings and in all it is expected that the business will have been closed for three months when it re-opens. A claim for damages, including loss of profits, has been filed with a hearing due in mid January. The owner's accountants have produced accounts for the period of trading but when asked to produce a profit forecast, on which to base the loss of profits claim, say they are really too busy to be able to do it in the required timescale.
What I have been asked to do is to create a profit forecast in Excel using the figures from the accounts already prepared together with data from the EPOS system to give the daily/weekly takings analysis. The Excel file will have all data/assumptions tabulated so that the business owner can make adjustments as he sees fit.
My question is, does this small piece of work fall under the AML regulations?
The reason I pose it is because it appears to me that there are two areas of concern. The turnover exceeded the VAT threshold but no registration was made and payments have been made to the owner's four children (who are all adults) in the nature of 'wages' with no PAYE scheme in operation. What I don't know, of course, is what advice the owner's accountant has already given about these areas and what action is intended.
- tax credits 27 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 468 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 192 1
- EC VAT 220 10
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 21 1
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 203 7
- Musician deductible expenses 83 1
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 404 17
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 93 4
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 574 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 91 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 277 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 144 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 533 11
- Flat rate vat error 336 7
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 536 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 292 14
- can I claim a per diem 275 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 143 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,387 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 847
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 510
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 293
- Tax efficient holding company structure 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 231
- Investment property company accounts template 220
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 214
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 151