Any advise please.
Can a contractor's contract (that's a mouthful) be split between IR35 and not?
An accountant (because we are accountants) who runs their own small practice does some part time work for a larger firm on a part time basis from home. The larger firm then offers the accountant a 9-5 in house contract as Office Manager for a duration of 46 weeks. The accountant divides their time between accountancy services (the firms clients) and administration work. The two types of work can be apportioned accurately by way of WIP timesheets. The accountant has to provide insurance to cover their accountancy work along with employers liability etc. The accountant is also responsible for all their own training and development, outside the firm's office to keep their accountancy skills up to date. The accountancy work would be carried on at the firms office for the convenience and security of the firms client's information.
My thinking was that the the Administration work would fall in to IR35 but the accountancy work may not.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 93 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 426 8
- Limited company buying a car 74 3
- ACCA practice certificates 467 5
- Limited company buying director's car 256 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 48 1
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 81 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 46 1
- WC's and capital allowances 159 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 284 13
- Dress code 1,531 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 468 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 238 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 361 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 464 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 152 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 85 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 181 4
- Trees and hedging - capital expenditure 162 2
- How to complain about HMRC 1,434 17
- CTA study material 763
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 473
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 383
- Employment related securities question 303
- AIM Stocks and IHT 277
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 254
- Expat pension contributions? 252
- Trust for Employee 230
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 162
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 144