Any advise please.
Can a contractor's contract (that's a mouthful) be split between IR35 and not?
An accountant (because we are accountants) who runs their own small practice does some part time work for a larger firm on a part time basis from home. The larger firm then offers the accountant a 9-5 in house contract as Office Manager for a duration of 46 weeks. The accountant divides their time between accountancy services (the firms clients) and administration work. The two types of work can be apportioned accurately by way of WIP timesheets. The accountant has to provide insurance to cover their accountancy work along with employers liability etc. The accountant is also responsible for all their own training and development, outside the firm's office to keep their accountancy skills up to date. The accountancy work would be carried on at the firms office for the convenience and security of the firms client's information.
My thinking was that the the Administration work would fall in to IR35 but the accountancy work may not.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- Will simplified micro entities accounts result in loss of business ? 1,647 21
- Anybody still doing returns? 62 4
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 300 13
- Clothing 391 8
- File Abbreviated LLP accounts online? 85 6
- Why do I do this every year 537 13
- HMRC filing meltdown? 697 24
- Interest on pre-letting? 45 3
- client can't/won't pay 2,012 45
- 'My colleague fills in his own Self Assessment" and he/she claims,x,y and z" 281 5
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,650 43
- Self assesment online 1,064 13
- Xero sales report by customer - how? 116 1
- Anybody Use Brightpay 744 20
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 255 11
- Tax Credit Office opening hours 146 1
- Selling Capital Allowences from Self Employed to Ltd Buisness 150 4
- Payment of tax due on 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return 166 2
- Non resident income. 486 21
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 301 22
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 939
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 656
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 606
- Latest phishing scam 585
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 422
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 317
- Scratch Head 249
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 243
- Sabbatical payments 207
- Negligible Value Claim 182