Any advise please.
Can a contractor's contract (that's a mouthful) be split between IR35 and not?
An accountant (because we are accountants) who runs their own small practice does some part time work for a larger firm on a part time basis from home. The larger firm then offers the accountant a 9-5 in house contract as Office Manager for a duration of 46 weeks. The accountant divides their time between accountancy services (the firms clients) and administration work. The two types of work can be apportioned accurately by way of WIP timesheets. The accountant has to provide insurance to cover their accountancy work along with employers liability etc. The accountant is also responsible for all their own training and development, outside the firm's office to keep their accountancy skills up to date. The accountancy work would be carried on at the firms office for the convenience and security of the firms client's information.
My thinking was that the the Administration work would fall in to IR35 but the accountancy work may not.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- Sage 2010 data corruption 75 4
- Sage at it again? 331 5
- BrightPay 496 13
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 156 5
- Is this a scam? 1,553 27
- Classic cars investment 118 2
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 672 19
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 131 5
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 389 6
- S455 449 21
- online book keeping systems - what happens after you stop paying? 460 12
- How do I complain about an FCCA accountant 148 3
- client issues 308 4
- Cater Allen Commission 78 2
- Capital Gain? 353 9
- Splitting rental income on jointly owned property 173 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 58 1
- Amending supplier account code in Sage 50 191 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 188 5
- RTI - new employee 124 2
- Benchmarking 463
- Possible Partnership? 412
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 400
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 383
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 328
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 191
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 175
- Income tax on foreign dividends 170
- Clubs and Taxable Income 167
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 161