Any advise please.
Can a contractor's contract (that's a mouthful) be split between IR35 and not?
An accountant (because we are accountants) who runs their own small practice does some part time work for a larger firm on a part time basis from home. The larger firm then offers the accountant a 9-5 in house contract as Office Manager for a duration of 46 weeks. The accountant divides their time between accountancy services (the firms clients) and administration work. The two types of work can be apportioned accurately by way of WIP timesheets. The accountant has to provide insurance to cover their accountancy work along with employers liability etc. The accountant is also responsible for all their own training and development, outside the firm's office to keep their accountancy skills up to date. The accountancy work would be carried on at the firms office for the convenience and security of the firms client's information.
My thinking was that the the Administration work would fall in to IR35 but the accountancy work may not.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 972 13
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 139 2
- ATT Exam tips and study help 72 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 250 9
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 231 5
- Client's company struck off 1,726 21
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 69 1
- Refurbised Pub 139 4
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 157 4
- Quote for client 149 3
- Directors obligation to notify 371 6
- Tax relief in respect of rental property/withdrawing of capital 70 2
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 94 1
- Tax and children 309 2
- Moneysoft update problem 242 4
- HMRC stupidity of the day 557 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 806 7
- QROP pension input amounts 530 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 500 14
- Are agent account managers any good? 265 3
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 512
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 452
- EPS and CIS deductions 318
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 301
- Construction CIS LLP Company 293
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 272
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 217
- SAGE winforecast 212
- Overdrawn director account 199
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 199