Any advise please.
Can a contractor's contract (that's a mouthful) be split between IR35 and not?
An accountant (because we are accountants) who runs their own small practice does some part time work for a larger firm on a part time basis from home. The larger firm then offers the accountant a 9-5 in house contract as Office Manager for a duration of 46 weeks. The accountant divides their time between accountancy services (the firms clients) and administration work. The two types of work can be apportioned accurately by way of WIP timesheets. The accountant has to provide insurance to cover their accountancy work along with employers liability etc. The accountant is also responsible for all their own training and development, outside the firm's office to keep their accountancy skills up to date. The accountancy work would be carried on at the firms office for the convenience and security of the firms client's information.
My thinking was that the the Administration work would fall in to IR35 but the accountancy work may not.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- IT advisory questions? 257 7
- signature required 534 22
- Use of home query 67 1
- Pratice Management Software 157 2
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 231 6
- Error in audited accounts 70 1
- Vat registration exception 199 3
- CIS software 79 2
- Homing sandwiches 469 11
- CT600 127 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 183 7
- Settlement discount 146 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 517 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 185 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 175 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 135 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 219 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 139 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 191 2
- Related Party Transactions 130 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,247
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 818
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 524
- Digita Hosted Software 340
- Credit where credit's due....... 316
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 242
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 200
- TheTax Donut 182
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 164
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 164