Any advise please.
Can a contractor's contract (that's a mouthful) be split between IR35 and not?
An accountant (because we are accountants) who runs their own small practice does some part time work for a larger firm on a part time basis from home. The larger firm then offers the accountant a 9-5 in house contract as Office Manager for a duration of 46 weeks. The accountant divides their time between accountancy services (the firms clients) and administration work. The two types of work can be apportioned accurately by way of WIP timesheets. The accountant has to provide insurance to cover their accountancy work along with employers liability etc. The accountant is also responsible for all their own training and development, outside the firm's office to keep their accountancy skills up to date. The accountancy work would be carried on at the firms office for the convenience and security of the firms client's information.
My thinking was that the the Administration work would fall in to IR35 but the accountancy work may not.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 148 4
- 27,000 Really? 1,142 38
- What are options for non CA firm 2,827 60
- Legal title not in the company name 789 23
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 334 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 306 8
- Opening Balances 199 2
- Awkward insolvency practitioner 582 7
- Tax Credits for Self Employed 102 1
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 85 1
- This is getting boring 616 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 258 7
- pension paid by company? 115 3
- inheritance tax 420 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 349 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 227 4
- State pension 302 3
- Accountancy Career 142 1
- CIC Company 657 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,823 22
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 640
- Cancelled 395
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 335
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 309
- Probiz 303
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 279
- How not to compose an email 266
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 223