Any advise please.
Can a contractor's contract (that's a mouthful) be split between IR35 and not?
An accountant (because we are accountants) who runs their own small practice does some part time work for a larger firm on a part time basis from home. The larger firm then offers the accountant a 9-5 in house contract as Office Manager for a duration of 46 weeks. The accountant divides their time between accountancy services (the firms clients) and administration work. The two types of work can be apportioned accurately by way of WIP timesheets. The accountant has to provide insurance to cover their accountancy work along with employers liability etc. The accountant is also responsible for all their own training and development, outside the firm's office to keep their accountancy skills up to date. The accountancy work would be carried on at the firms office for the convenience and security of the firms client's information.
My thinking was that the the Administration work would fall in to IR35 but the accountancy work may not.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 673 5
- See you all on the other side 723 6
- 12Pay 480 2
- dividends 660 2
- R&D 336 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,201 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 448 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 435 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 387 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 558 5
- Seeking a tax case 661 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 519 4
- Companies house strike off 591 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 447 2
- Moving to the cloud 758 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 220 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 915 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 223 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,099 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 511 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 565
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 422
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 376
- IRIS and FRS 102 357
- Capitalising Finance Lease 332
- USA help 320
- Marginal rates of tax 316
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 313
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 297
- Class 2 NI 297