Any advise please.
Can a contractor's contract (that's a mouthful) be split between IR35 and not?
An accountant (because we are accountants) who runs their own small practice does some part time work for a larger firm on a part time basis from home. The larger firm then offers the accountant a 9-5 in house contract as Office Manager for a duration of 46 weeks. The accountant divides their time between accountancy services (the firms clients) and administration work. The two types of work can be apportioned accurately by way of WIP timesheets. The accountant has to provide insurance to cover their accountancy work along with employers liability etc. The accountant is also responsible for all their own training and development, outside the firm's office to keep their accountancy skills up to date. The accountancy work would be carried on at the firms office for the convenience and security of the firms client's information.
My thinking was that the the Administration work would fall in to IR35 but the accountancy work may not.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- Can I claim VAT back on accounting fees? 45 2
- New Client - incorrect accounts filed 198 5
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 280 13
- The importance of Grammar 72 2
- Is this dodgy? 167 4
- How to claim CIS refund for limited company that 219 5
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 291 6
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 908 13
- Car or Van - BIK not VAT 446 14
- Sole Trader 161 3
- 2 businesses again. 1 with vat, one without 2,662 51
- Non Resident Landlord Tax 151 3
- Class 4 Losses 204 4
- Tax Codes and VAT 72 1
- Entrepreneur Relief - inter company shares 77 1
- Issue shares to shareholders 143 6
- How long should one give Aweb … 883 14
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 336 3
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,332 51
- Moneysoft - technical query 307 7
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 347
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 284
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 262
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 259
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 248
- Electric Car 204
- S222 Charge 194
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 179
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 178
- Freelance Accounting link 169