Any advise please.
Can a contractor's contract (that's a mouthful) be split between IR35 and not?
An accountant (because we are accountants) who runs their own small practice does some part time work for a larger firm on a part time basis from home. The larger firm then offers the accountant a 9-5 in house contract as Office Manager for a duration of 46 weeks. The accountant divides their time between accountancy services (the firms clients) and administration work. The two types of work can be apportioned accurately by way of WIP timesheets. The accountant has to provide insurance to cover their accountancy work along with employers liability etc. The accountant is also responsible for all their own training and development, outside the firm's office to keep their accountancy skills up to date. The accountancy work would be carried on at the firms office for the convenience and security of the firms client's information.
My thinking was that the the Administration work would fall in to IR35 but the accountancy work may not.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- Any Scottish members out there? 6,851 255
- Expenses of overseas employment 68 1
- business card address 35 2
- Tax implications for client leaving share incentive plan 64 2
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 61 3
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 195 8
- Standard 'email' template system 722 11
- Shutting down a company with creditors 806 9
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 130 2
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 116 5
- VAT Romania - how to register 190 4
- Donations (to a school!) 173 5
- Repairs after a rental business ends 195 6
- Am I allowed Rent A Room Relief? 481 10
- Beaters and allowable exenses 149 2
- Family loan 270 7
- FL Memo - Any Good 483 8
- 50% Shareholder & Director stealing money from the business 335 8
- Private Residence Election for CGT purposes 243 4
- Looking for subcontract work! 289 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,092
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 358
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 296
- National Insurance 257
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 231
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 230
- Payments on account coded out?? 217
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 214
- Non Resident 177
- Franchise income and costs 168