Any advise please.
Can a contractor's contract (that's a mouthful) be split between IR35 and not?
An accountant (because we are accountants) who runs their own small practice does some part time work for a larger firm on a part time basis from home. The larger firm then offers the accountant a 9-5 in house contract as Office Manager for a duration of 46 weeks. The accountant divides their time between accountancy services (the firms clients) and administration work. The two types of work can be apportioned accurately by way of WIP timesheets. The accountant has to provide insurance to cover their accountancy work along with employers liability etc. The accountant is also responsible for all their own training and development, outside the firm's office to keep their accountancy skills up to date. The accountancy work would be carried on at the firms office for the convenience and security of the firms client's information.
My thinking was that the the Administration work would fall in to IR35 but the accountancy work may not.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
- Newsletter 230 5
- RTI Filing 1,743 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 63 1
- Wrong career 53 1
- Fee's for P11D's 289 5
- Agent with HMRC 236 10
- Quarterly PAYE 208 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 41 1
- reporting salary? 165 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 315 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 270 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 90 3
- Value pricing 579 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 383 1
- Childcare Vouchers 171 3
- Audit Report Query 185 5
- Coming in from the cold 217 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,308 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 95 1
- Should design costs be capitalised? 135 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 522
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 273
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 216
- Director Loan account operation 204
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- vat return 166
- Free Tax Legislation? 163