Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Tax Allowance on University Course 273 2
- MS Surface Pro 3 235 5
- VAT on cashback card handling fee 165 3
- Excel: MATCH does not match two apparently identical cells 105 2
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 2,029 28
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 312 11
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 678 21
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 584 10
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 676 4
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,267 45
- practice planning 219 3
- Accounts Software 749 19
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 511 14
- Dividend Vouchers 404 5
- Gift to employee 433 14
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 190 3
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,145 37
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 214 3
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 177 1
- Question re Career choice... 1,702 10
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 501
- CTA study material 475
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 348
- Pre incorp expenses 337
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 282
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 275
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 220
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 176
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 151
- Employment related securities question 137