Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Care Home - Job Price 278 5
- Fee headache 446 4
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 229 6
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 239 4
- India Capital Gain 121 1
- Dormant payroll 732 7
- Switch from Sage CT to Digita CT? 111 1
- Our French VAT registered supplier is supplying our French VAT registered customer directly with goods but is invoicing us (a VAT registered UK company). Can I ask them not to charge us VAT? 293 7
- An opportunity to 'vent' your annoyance/anger? 1,497 12
- Interest on Loan to External Individual 122 1
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 523 11
- This feels wrong.... 1,570 21
- Overlap relief 389 10
- Subsistence expenses paid directly from company account 202 2
- To correct incorrect NBV in previous year accounts 287 10
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 201 3
- P11D Rejection 275 7
- Directors loans 276 2
- Entrepreneurs Relief:: share disposals after leaving the company 276 5
- Has anyone else tried Iris paperless working papers for audit exempt companies 309 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 504
- Theatre Tax Relief 414
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 324
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 307
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 284
- Perkbox 234
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 224
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 219
- Document Management Systems 193
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 192