Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 101 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 161 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 165 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 811 11
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 525 19
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 687 13
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 300 16
- Personal pension 435 9
- Business rates consultancy 263 4
- Wrong tax code 171 6
- Benefit in Kind 251 5
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 85 2
- Am I getting Soft?? 277 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 1,058 31
- Deferred Tax 473 8
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 207 1
- You know its over 489 6
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 244 1
- Foreign pension tax credit relief 143 1
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 236 3
- Hive up 512
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 474
- corporate hierarchy 453
- Advice - 294
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 238
- WWOOFers 232
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 217
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 194
- The booking.com con 172
- UK State pension paid in NZ 164