Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Any Scottish members out there? 7,461 282
- business card address 236 6
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 180 3
- Declined for business bank account 104 3
- Loan to a related company 31 1
- Artificially reducing profits by bonus accrual 598 26
- Repairs after a rental business ends 310 10
- Can anyone recommend a good document scanner? 217 8
- property rental income split 95 1
- Expenses of overseas employment 130 2
- UK RESIDENT IN RECEIPT OF USA PENSION 91 1
- Payroll provider 127 5
- How do we report and pay tax liability of company car we give to employee? 132 1
- Family loan 356 8
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 366 5
- Standard 'email' template system 815 13
- Donations (to a school!) 332 10
- Circular shareholding 151 3
- Joint construction arrangement CIS and VAT 263 1
- Employment related securities question 560 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,106
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 362
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 298
- National Insurance 268
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 238
- Payments on account coded out?? 226
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 219
- Non Resident 182
- Franchise income and costs 174
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 161