Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- first year company tax return for a limited company 159 5
- Real names 1,240 37
- Dissolve a Ltd Company - How much do you charge? 395 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 92 1
- Expenses Apps 151 2
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 163 4
- Quick Easy Quote 239 4
- What are options for non CA firm 1,786 29
- Solicitor accounts 55 1
- Unallocated client money 229 7
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 192 2
- change of office address 119 4
- Hive up - accounting and notes to financial statements 225 3
- Incorporation Relief 124 4
- Letting income or partnership income? 100 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 356 4
- Furniture Rental Business 99 2
- Client Death 551 9
- Accounts formation/ speculative advertising 197 4
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 355 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 605
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 481
- Sorry ignore me 379
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 367
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 280
- Cancelled 241
- Cancelled 212
- Bartercard 173
- C79 Discrepancy 168
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 159