Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- CGT usage of ER lifetime limit 318 12
- Identity Checks 119 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 408 1
- Property pages or self-employed? 188 3
- Software for Accounts layout 34 1
- Need help with How much or do I charge to much 257 5
- Allowable expenses on retal property 189 2
- Mandatory Capitalisation 141 2
- Running Sage on a Mac 125 1
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 4,337 94
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 292 5
- Cash bashed (FRS) vs cash accounting (standard VAT)? 150 2
- notarising & legalising documents 192 4
- question 456 4
- Am I the only one who finds this annoying 428 11
- Income prior to company formation 230 8
- VAT on farm machinery sold 157 2
- Seeking advice: Tax on investing in a subsidiary 167 6
- Any thoughts on Capium? 431 3
- When to register or not for PAYE 468 8
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 290
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 264
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 262
- French ConnectionUK 206
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 194
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 187
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 185
- APN's 175
- Penalties for late filing of P11D forms 154
- FRS 101 Software 141