Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- The Cotter Case 176 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 102 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 128 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 47 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 936 16
- Sole Trader business 152 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 151 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 143 1
- Giving a seminar 680 36
- Tax position on lease extension 174 1
- Boffin of the Year 296 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 218 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 237 4
- Sage Depreciation 77 1
- Non sequitur 249 2
- Am i Liable? 881 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 170 1
- tax relief for the cost of trade marks 155 1
- Interest on main residence mortgage then lent to a company 76 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 475 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,295
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 640
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 422
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 331
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 262
- Alphabet shares 219
- Agent fees to sell business 212
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 207
- Office recharges 169
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 148