Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Double entry 194 6
- Annual Report - How to? 353 12
- FBI2 207 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 193 3
- Companies House 166 4
- Interprise software 87 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 507 19
- Charity accounting 264 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 114 1
- sage 120 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 155 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,059 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 219 4
- Small house in garden 158 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 178 2
- Clients 926 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 296 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 155 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 284 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 312 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 541
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 471
- EPS and CIS deductions 330
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 312
- Construction CIS LLP Company 303
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 298
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 264
- Overdrawn director account 220
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 205
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 202