Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Merging 427 11
- VAT overcharged to customers 379 6
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 42 1
- Merger of Two companies 353 13
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 134 4
- Entrepreneurs Relief 82 1
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 157 4
- CIC Dividend Cap 294 10
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 174 4
- IHT dilemma 969 16
- Why should I retain membership? 3,422 55
- Merger of Two companies 448 16
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 902 21
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 258 8
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 666 20
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 202 4
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 1,807 24
- New business - journal entries 564 24
- IFA incorporation problems 304 4
- Coding Notice 335 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 967
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 740
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 427
- Excuses, excuses!!! 321
- Digita Hosted Software 239
- Social investment tax relief 236
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 234
- Call Centre Data Costs 224
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 206
- Travel costs and contractors 202