Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Xerocon 2016 1,018 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,190 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 235 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 249 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 597 12
- Personal Tax 497 11
- USA Tax Query 174 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,661 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 946 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 298 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 602 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 353 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 414 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 179 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 343 4
- last minute request 520 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46