Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 267 5
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 392 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 165 2
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,117 13
- Really?! 825 10
- CIS 221 5
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,181 16
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,375 26
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 650 15
- VAT 701/49 query 227 2
- backpack 312 3
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 175 3
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 258 3
- Viewing folder contens en masse 350 8
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 199 3
- Tax relief on Enterprise Investment Scheme subscriptions 177 2
- Calculation of 10 year anniversary charge 197 1
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 144 1
- Dominant influence and intercompany loans 257 6
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 468 6
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 706
- 2015 tax year end 440
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 416
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 358
- Costly Accounting Software contract 314
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 255
- Directors' advances and credits 255
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 222
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 203