Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,236 21
- Digita Hosted Software 377 3
- Lease 71 3
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 130 5
- Thin Client recomendation 180 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 172 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 111 2
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 363 8
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 94 2
- format cell to exclude decimals 282 15
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 115 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,267 15
- Homing sandwiches 833 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 240 2
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 223 2
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 100 2
- IT advisory questions? 409 11
- Direct debit entry query 156 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 807 12
- Can you help me spot errors? 241 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,295
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 847
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 537
- Credit where credit's due....... 331
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 217
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 179
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 167
- Director's business mileage 142
- Sole trader CPD 138