Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- The importance of Grammar 23 2
- Is this dodgy? 127 4
- How to claim CIS refund for limited company that 214 5
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 265 12
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 270 6
- Its going to be fun isnt it? 874 13
- Car or Van - BIK not VAT 441 14
- New Client - incorrect accounts filed 180 4
- Sole Trader 155 3
- 2 businesses again. 1 with vat, one without 2,644 51
- Non Resident Landlord Tax 145 3
- Class 4 Losses 202 4
- Tax Codes and VAT 68 1
- Entrepreneur Relief - inter company shares 72 1
- Issue shares to shareholders 138 6
- How long should one give Aweb … 876 14
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 336 3
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,327 51
- Moneysoft - technical query 302 7
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 137 2
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 347
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 284
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 262
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 257
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 248
- Electric Car 202
- S222 Charge 194
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 178
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 178
- Freelance Accounting link 169