Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 284 7
- Changing shareholding ratio 195 7
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 431 15
- Cashflow forecasting software 63 2
- Inflation and fees 1,084 19
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 94 2
- Capital allowances not claimed 58 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 245 1
- Community Interest Company 111 3
- Redundancy Pay 398 5
- Physiotherapy 144 2
- Advice please! 294 1
- Unusual marketing ideas for accountants 676 6
- Do we have to honour her notice? 590 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,275 21
- SSAS Pension scheme 105 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 100 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 329 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 582 13
- Do I need to see receipts ? 766 11