Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- SMP reclaimable by employer 33 1
- AWeb - download file 150 3
- Charity work 224 11
- Help with HMRC investigation 219 6
- Director Drawings 127 5
- Accounts Software 83 3
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,672 38
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 253 13
- Managing Employee Expenses 216 7
- HMRC Agents Line 175 3
- Collection or business assets 93 1
- Incorporated when they should not have 257 8
- Company Director In Prison 420 10
- Tax position re this lease? 366 9
- Do I need a smartphone? 716 23
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 98 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,668 70
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 87 2
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 342 5
- pension paid by company? 332 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 673
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 512
- Cancelled 427
- Cancelled 365
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 362
- Probiz 335
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 327
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 243
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 215
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 201