Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,019 33
- vat return 245 3
- Flat rate vat 74 1
- Payroo Employer allowance query 164 5
- Value pricing 712 26
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 146 4
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 175 4
- Private residence relief with entrepreneur relief mix 283 4
- Reregister for VAT 131 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 197 6
- Weely paid employees 243 3
- Would this save hours of your time? 472 11
- Director's tax return 279 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 213 6
- Wrong career 476 18
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 288 7
- Laptop purchase 1,393 20
- PTP software disaster 279 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 232 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 103 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 798
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 550
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 416
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 294
- Free Tax Legislation? 266
- Director Loan account operation 245
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 240
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159