Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 550 5
- See you all on the other side 651 6
- 12Pay 387 2
- dividends 535 2
- R&D 294 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,145 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 428 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 373 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 343 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 526 5
- Seeking a tax case 611 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 468 4
- Companies house strike off 483 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 389 2
- Moving to the cloud 721 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 207 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 871 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 196 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,078 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 473 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 549
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 415
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 365
- IRIS and FRS 102 349
- Capitalising Finance Lease 314
- USA help 311
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 290
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 280
- Capital gains on rental property 256
- Marginal rates of tax 246