Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- utr 21 1
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 100 2
- P9D or P11D 665 7
- CT return error message 353 10
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,662 43
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,260 26
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 488 9
- Group subcontracting - accounts not consolidated 102 2
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 83 1
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 77 1
- Audit rules 360 8
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 260 6
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 288 7
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 212 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 805 11
- Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax 182 2
- FRS17 query 202 2
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 985 6
- Charge HMRC 261 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 500 17
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 307
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 271
- CIS schemes 206
- Domain name sale and limited company 198
- Investment 178
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 171
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 170