Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- General tax book with planning 127 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,177 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 262 11
- Gift of property & improvements 97 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 326 5
- VAT Invoice 109 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 789 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 113 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 196 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 160 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 133 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 430 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 357 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 243 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 176 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 256 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 157 4
- SA302's anyone?? 530 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,641 41
- Renting for military reasons 189 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,619
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 899
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 367
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 290
- Management expenses for investment company 262
- Bonus Bonds 260
- tax on apprenticeship income 171
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 171
- P11D benefit received by widow 148