Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 489 8
- Seeking advice: Retired self employed working from home 281 3
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 297 12
- Moneysoft Payroll 219 4
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 130 2
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 932 20
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 262 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 944 14
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 187 4
- Client right to working papers 1,548 11
- vat gross margins 192 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 219 4
- e mail 238 1
- Auto enrolment 582 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,361 6
- VAT on new build property 169 2
- Auto enrolment 302 9
- SAGE 50 2011 167 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,639 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,883 22
- NHS finance professionals 672
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 413
- Foreign Pension Contribution 384
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 371
- vat gross profit percentage margins 368
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 355
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 315
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 285
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 245
- IFA income recognition & reporting 215