Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Abolish the penalty regime 27 1
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 231 3
- Gift or Capital Gain? 313 9
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 315 6
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 872 24
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 287 7
- Capital Gain? 422 11
- IHT Query 100 2
- Reversing out RTI 150 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 299 9
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 277 6
- BrightPay 624 18
- Classic cars investment 248 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 246 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 327 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 360 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 277 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 283 2
- H&W company 267 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 218 3
- Benchmarking 498
- Possible Partnership? 445
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 418
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 416
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 362
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 217
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 213
- Clubs and Taxable Income 205
- Income tax on foreign dividends 196
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 191