Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Knuckle down one week to go! 1,114 23
- Advice on letting a client go ? 212 5
- Receipt bank 40 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 61 3
- Unbelievable!! 160 2
- Urgent question on company accounting period before it become dormant 67 2
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 84 4
- Do we have to register for VAT? 120 4
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,606 88
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 231 3
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,318 19
- Paperless practices - do you keep any paper records? 801 24
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 267 4
- Non resident income. 293 15
- Use of home deduction 648 21
- How to pay? 138 6
- Are you qualified and wanting to work flexible hours from home? 123 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 138 3
- White van man 734 25
- Car Allowance and Fuel Card for Business Mileage 125 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 861
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 553
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 521
- Latest phishing scam 417
- Entrepreneurs' relief 385
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 343
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 324
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 308
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 219
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 199