Are NICs payable?
A client of mine is producing a West End Musical. Am I correct in thinking that any payment to any of the stage crew, lighting man, director etc is exempt from Class 1 NIC?
The payment to any actor operating through a Ltd company, so long as there is a contract in place between the two Ltd companies and the payment is made to the Ltd company is also exempt?
The payments to actors who are only registered as self employed have to have NI deducted and employer's NI is also payable?
Does my client have to register as an employer?
Any thing else I should know?
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 85 1
- any implications of this type of transaction 51 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,686 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 97 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 287 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,031 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 262 7
- Sage data 105 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 422 9
- Limited company buying a car 362 6
- Funding Circle experience 156 3
- Excel query 121 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,297 13
- Payment on account penalties 131 3
- Tax on free shares 146 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 208 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 127 1
- Audit 492 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 130 3
- Buying a horse?? 431 12
- CTA study material 805
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 496
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 461
- Employment related securities question 324
- AIM Stocks and IHT 311
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 282
- Expat pension contributions? 282
- Trust for Employee 257
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 234
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 161