PracticeWEB Views: What we've learned from our accountancy industry online engagement benchmarking report
Our team has spent the last few months gathering information for the accountancy profession online engagement benchmarking report. Here, we’re giving you a sneak preview into what we’ve learned about how accountants are using the Internet to improve to promote their firms and engage with their client base.
- You can make your website pay for itself 51% of respondents have gained return on the investment in their website.
- 92% of the firms that get ROI use web analytics to review data and if you make changes based on that data, 78% saw an improvement in the performance of the website
- 3 is the magic number 3% is the average % of turnover allocated to marketing
- Oh ok, 3 is definitely the magic number. Most people think that they need to redesign their website every 3 years ... But in reality, most respondents had redesigned in the last two years.
- Websites at the heart of matter. The words respondents use to describe their website are central, hub, integral, primary, presence
- Social Media is important to accountants. 83% currently use it with 97% of those people using Linkedin, taking in average 9 months of use to gain a return. On average spending 6 hours a week
- Content marketing is the way forward. What is interesting here is not the 62% who already use content marketing - such as newsletters or blogs - for client engagement, but the further 25% who plan to start using it over the next 12 months
- You are a careful bunch. 76% of firms using online systems have a disaster recovery plan in place.
We’ll be releasing more insight over the next few weeks but if you’d like to pre order your copy, click here.