Buying a house for your children at University? By Stuart Crook

Share this content

An increasing number of parents are opting to invest in a property that their offspring can live in whilst at University. Buying such a property not only ensures somewhere safe and consistent for a child to live, but it can also provide rental income and a sound investment for the future. Stuart Crook, Partner at Wellers Accountants and Wealth Management, with co-author Jimmy Thomas takes a look at some of the considerations for such a purchase.

Conventional Buy-to-Let (BTL) loans are supposed to be for non-family members. If the loan was specifically for a son or daughter to live in with their friends, whilst at University, most BTL lenders would say no. Some lenders may be able to consider a second property purchase. This would mean reviewing your current income / expenditure / deb...

Please Login or Register to read the full article


Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.