From 16 October 2007, pension scheme administrators will have to submit the following information electronically:
- Applications to register a pension scheme;
- Registered Pension Scheme Returns;
- Accounting for Tax Returns;
- Scheme Administrator's Declarations;
- Event Reports;
- Notifications of the winding-up of a registered pension scheme; and
- Notifications of a scheme administrator terminating their appointment.
To submit information online, scheme administrators (or practitioners acting on their behalf) must register with HMRC's Pension Schemes Online service. It can take up to seven working days to activate a new account according to HMRC as ironically, some information still has to be sent by post.
HMRC's online registration page at https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/regi...