22nd Jun 2010
A breakdown of the key personal tax measures in today's Emergency Budget report. Keep your eyes on this page as we'll be updating it throughout the day.
Capital gains tax
- Higher rate tax payers will pay 28% from midnight on 22 June 2010
- Low and mid-income savers will continue to pay 18%
- CGT for entrepreneurs will be extended to the first £5m of lifetime gains
- The annual exempt amount for capital gains tax will remain at £10,100 for 2010-11
- National insurance rates for employees will increase by 1% in April 2011
- Employers' NIC will increase by £21 a week above indexation
- Personal allowance for under 65s wil...