A good way to improve your skills with a package is by working your way through a practical example on the keyboard.
After attending his latest BI demonstration, David Carter has finally lost patience. This nonsense has got to stop.
If ever you are stuck for things to do for an hour or two, you can always rely on the Microsoft Office website
Microsoft has released two utilities to designed to make it easier for Windows users to protect themselves from Office files that may contain malicious software.John Stokdyk reports
Earlier this month, Microsoft hosted a conference on business intelligence in Seattle to reinforce the message that it is going to provoke a major shake-out.
Former management accountant Jim Johnson has turned his hand to programming to create Isolist, an Excel-based reconciliation tool for accountants. John Stokdyk reports.
In the earlier parts of this series you extracted data from Northwind's Access data by live linking it to Excel.
Just finished putting together a budget and want to add up the rows and columns?
Suppose your budget fills cells A1 to L10.
With the new Daybook worksheet set up via MS Query, David Carter now uses Excel pivot tables to create reports on sales by customer, by area, and by product group.
- New Range Name features in Excel 2007. By Simon Hurst 414,884 6
- Want to learn about Excel pivot tables? Start here. By David Carter 108,545 6
- ExcelZone's Five Minute Pivot Table Tips - Index 83,827
- Tutorial:.... Budgeting with Pivot Tables #1 [Excel 5 to 97] 69,051 2
- Exporting data from Sage Line 50 into Excel #1. By David Carter 62,085 10