This month Sage launched a new version of its entry-level Sage Instant Accounts package.
With Sage Instant Accounts 2013, the developer is promising greater customisation and a simpler approach to speed up everyday accounting tasks.
Over the years, the junior edition has been a solid performer for Sage, and has been known to outscore the flagship Sage 50 Accounts product in our annual Software Satisfaction Awards.
While tailored for small businesses, Instant also offers a visible migration path to the Sage 50 product range as firms grow. These days, however, Sage Instant has to compete against cloud accounting systems that offer even simpler interfaces and in some cases lower subscription-based prices.
New features in the 2013 version of Sage Instant include :
- New report browser with improved selection and filtering tools, and import/export commands
- A report and invoice designer to let users to create customised, unique invoices and reports
- More prominent Export to Excel facility, now featured on 100 different screens
- Simplified routines for infrequent tasks such as VAT
- A start-up wizard, process guides and revised online Sage Help.
Sage Instant runs under Windows and costs from £150 inc VAT (£205 for Sage Instant Plus) for a single company licence. It also comes with 45 days' free telephone support and free online training.
For more information and to buy the software, visit Sage's website.