Former CFO at the company behind the X-Factor and Take Me Out, FreemantleMedia Group (FMG), has been jailed for three years and four months for defrauding the company out of £224,000.

I understand that employees of companies can make contributions to registered pension schemes of up to £40k annually which can be used to gain tax relief and rescue their personal allowance (i.e.


We received a letter today regarding a self assessment tax return inspection for one of our clients. The second one we've received this week!


Good afternoon!

I'd appreciate some comments on the following:-


Please advise whether this particular business activity needs to be regulated.


I'm not sure if anyone here will be able to help me but our companies are currently looking at potentially purchasing a building to convert into offices and I just had a few questions on the effect

Looking for clarification on this as getting conflicting advice via another accountant and solicitor. I have simplified the details below.


My small company has various sources of income (music performance, sound engineering, music production services etc).


How do you work out the production cost of e-books, when the pre-press costs (copyediting, proofreading, typesetting and so on) have already been amortized in the production cost of printed books.