The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) said it supports Lord Turner's suggestion of an 'economic cycle reserve' (ECR) to bolster bank balance sheets.
Convergence to IFRS is essential if the global economy is to recover, according to reports released by the ACCA and the ICAEW.
The Financial Services Authority has unveiled plans for a more stringent approach to regulation for banks, vowing to carry out increased vigilance in its role.
The row over whether MCEV should be adopted continues, as Axa chief admits the standard is ‘confusing’.
The lack of clear and consistent financial information on public-private partnerships (PPPs), which are used to deliver public infrastructure, is preventing taxpayers from understanding where p
The Auditing Practices Board (APB) announced plans to update its auditing standards in order to comply with the new clarified International Standards on Auditing (ISAs) issued by the Internatio
Andrew Webster from Navigant Consulting is experienced in helping companies manage fraud and crime issues and believes that companies can do far more to prevent corruption.
- Financial reporting ill equipped to deal with intellectual capital 183,915
- Prescribed particulars (of rights attached to shares) 76,806 45
- The IASB conceptual framework - an introduction 64,640
- Getting related party disclosures right 45,901 32
- Performance Materiality: What’s all that about? 44,599 1