As a small business owner, I am trying to change to computerised accounting. I use company credit card for some purchases.
I know 2 people who inherited a house about 5 years ago, which they let out about 4 years ago.
A very successful client company which is 95% owned by four family members has one external shareholder who owns the remaining 5% of the shares.
I have recently taken on a new client who prepared his first set of partnership accounts. He was a sole trader and then formed a partnership with some one else.
I have been an observer for a while and now need to pose my own question...
A friend of mine has been running a business for a few years now on a self employed basis.
A client of mine has a much reduced turnover and as a result has deregistered for (flat-rate) VAT which is effective 16 Dec.
I have been helping a friend complete his tax return for 2012/13.
He belongs to a Company Share Option Plan and has sold shares that have been held in the scheme for over 3 years.
I have a new client with a few companies offering similar services. One is currently non-trading with net liabilities. He wants to merge this non-trading company with a profitable trading one.
- Movers and shakers: Druckman becomes Access chairman 221,331 1
- ICAS fines Surrey accountant £60,000 209,435 4
- AccountingWEB quizzes Michael Izza 134,979 1
- Companies Limited by Guarantee: get the details right 46,892 36
- How to get your first clients 43,174 30