Microsoft Access uncovered - Simon Hurst tutorials
During the summer of 2005, Simon Hurst challenged AccountingWEB and IT Zone members to confront their fear of databases. After years of campaigning on the subject, the message appeared to get through. When Hurst followed through with tutorials explaining in simple terms how a database like Microsoft Access could be used in typical accounting situations, the response was very enthusiastic.
The result is a growing programme of step-by-step tutorials, most of which can be also be downloaded as fully illustrated Word documents. Add this page to your browser favourites to keep up with the Simon Hurst database tutorial collection as it grows and expands.
Simon Hurst's database tutorials
- A pain-free introduction to Microsoft Access
- Build a trial balance in Access
- Create your own extended TB application (Part 1)
- Create your own extended TB application (Part 2)
- Create your own extended TB application (Part 3)
- Create your own extended TB application (Part 4)
- Excel clinic: Link drop-down menus to MS Access
- ProductivITy Tip: Sorting by financial year in Access
Simon Hurst is a former chairman of the ICAEW IT Faculty and runs The Knowledge Base, a consultancy dedicated to helping practitioners make effective use of technology. He is also the author of AccountingWEB's Office ProductivITy Kit and '100 Microsoft Office Time-saving Tips'. For more information, visit the The Knowledge Base website.
Subscribe to the ExcelZone newswire
To keep up with all spreadsheet developments, log in to AccountingWEB and click the "MySubscriptions" link in the panel at the top right of the page. One of the options there will be for free monthly ExcelZone newswire.