Who is your IT hero?
As part of this year’s Software Satisfaction Awards, the ICAEW’s IT Faculty is asking fellow professionals to nominate the person you think has done the most to encourage the effective use of IT in business and accountancy.
Based on your recommendations, the prize will be decided by an IT Faculty panel and handed out at the gala dinner on Thursday 8 October. You do not need to be an ICAEW member to put forward a deserving technology champion - and neither do they.
“Anyone can nominate anyone that meets the criteria – it is not limited to members of the IT Faculty or members of the ICAEW,” commented Richard Anning, head of the IT Faculty. “Our objective is to promote best practice in IT throughout the business world - that can encompass all kinds of organisation, including accountancy firms, not-for-profits and the public sector.”
The judges will be looking for someone who has:
- Improved the profitability or cost-effectiveness of the organisation
- Demonstrated the benefits of a new technology or technologies within the organisation
- Helped make people within the organisation more efficient, effective or productive
- Helped the organisation to become more environmentally sustainable
- Demonstrated an exemplary approach to information security issues.
- The name of the person you wish to nominate
- Their organisation
- Their email address
- Your reasons for nominating them.