Although I am a chartered accountant by profession, my main interest is in software and technology - in particular how it can be used to make businesses work smarter and more profitably.
In 1995 I resigned as one of four partners in an independent accountancy firm to set-up my own firm, Pearson & Associates based in Skipton, North Yorkshire.
At various times I have also been part-time finance director of 2 other businesses - Taskmaster, a staff agency, and Merit Software, a payroll and invoicing software developer.
I founded, and manage, the Xero Users Online Community, which is a resource for users of the online accounting software.
My latest projects have been Ledgerscope and Movemybooks. Ledgerscope is automatic client records checking and correction software for accountants. Movemybooks is an online data conversion service, for businesses moving from Sage to Xero.
Happily married to Julie, I am 46 and live in West Yorkshire with a 15 year old son and 2 and a half year old golden retriever. We have 4 other adult boys who float in and out as their social life permits.
(Ages all as of October 2011).
I am available for interesting consulting work.
Please get in touch if you think I can help you.
- Conversion balances 08/11/2013 - 17:54
- Xero v QBO 14/10/2013 - 09:52
- If you need to move elsewhere 14/10/2013 - 09:08
- Moving to alternatives 05/10/2013 - 16:09
- Easy and free desktop to online data conversion 27/09/2013 - 09:36
- There's an exodus from Sage 31/01/2013 - 10:44
- Spot on Paul 11/12/2012 - 09:24
- Drug dealer sales 11/12/2012 - 09:00
- Sage 50 - Journal Entry Dates 20/07/2012 - 09:59
- Sage gurus needed here please 01/03/2012 - 11:31
- Is Dave Hartnett a buffoon? 27/01/2012 - 10:21
- QuickBooks stock entries 06/12/2011 - 14:22
- QuickBooks payroll - unfair upgrade policy? 17/03/2011 - 16:41
- What do these numbers mean for our practices? 10/03/2011 - 14:38
- Ending support for clients with on-premise bookkeeping software? 20/02/2011 - 10:47
- Sage 50 - what is "Link Removed" 31/01/2011 - 18:25
- Are you an analogue firm in a digital world? 06/01/2012 - 12:46
- Never forget to follow-up again 05/08/2011 - 11:34
- Understanding Office 365 05/07/2011 - 10:40
- Accountants providing unskilled labour 11/03/2011 - 15:22
- Is limited liability relevant to deregulation? 09/03/2011 - 13:00
- HMRC to lose thousands of quality control workers 17/01/2011 - 15:49
- Wake up to Instant Messaging 17/12/2010 - 09:57
- Lose the ads but be prepared to pay? 06/12/2010 - 10:23